Superior3D printing experience
Optimized Ultimaker Cura material profiles
Extensively tested preconfigured Ultimaker Cura profiles make for a smoother, more seamless 3D printing experience by automatically adjusting the necessary settings for each material and print core. Produce consistent, quality results with every print.
Material recognition with NFC scanner
Built-in material recognition system ensures your 3D printer is primed and ready for the task. Ultimaker 3 detects and identifies the material on the spool holder and checks the correspondence of a filament and print core type being used.
EEPROM print core chip
The EEPROM chip in the print core memorizes the size and type of your nozzle, notifies you in case of misuse and, as a result, helps achieve higher print success rates.
Ultimaker 3 app
With the Ultimaker 3 app, you can start and monitor 3D prints at a tap of the finger, via your smartphone or tablet. Ultimaker 3’s integrated camera makes it easy to check print progress, and our online slicing service lets you slice models with ease.
The print head
Combine build and water-soluble support materials to create complex mechanical parts and intricate surfaces or choose to print with two colors. Ultimaker 3’s unique auto nozzle-lifting system ensures a smooth, professional finish with every print.
Swappable print cores
Faster print core changes mean higher uptime and easier maintenance. Your Ultimaker 3 comes with print cores for build (AA) and water-soluble support (BB) materials.
New optimized cooling
Ultimaker 3 has a powerful, low-noise fan system. Featuring two new radial fans and fan shrouds, it creates greater pressure build-up for an improved airflow. This ensures better cooling, high quality bridging, faster print runs and smooth print surfaces.
LED status indicators
Print core LED lights ensure an optimized 3D printing experience by alerting if any user interaction is needed.
The heated build plate
- Active leveling
- The capacitive sensor in the print head measures distances between the print bed and the nozzle, and the tilt angle is compensated by adjusting the z height in the first layers. The result? More accurate leveling and improved build plate adhesion.
- New refined design
- The Ultimaker 3 features a build plate that’s lighter and stiffer, which reduces vibrations and helps produce an unrivalled print quality. The removable glass plate makes it easy to access your prints.
- Heated glass build plate
- Thanks to the heated glass build plate, you can print using many different materials and with improved build plate adhesion.
Compare our 3D printers
Simple controls and connectivity
- USB port
- Enjoy standalone printing using a USB stick (16GB included).
- Wi-Fi / LAN
- Send your print project quickly and easily to your Ultimaker 3 via Ultimaker Cura.
- Live camera
- Monitor every stage of your 3D printing project remotely by simply connecting to your Ultimaker 3’s Wi-Fi network. The result? Optimized workflow and exceptional control.
Complex designs with reliable dual extrusion
Create sophisticated models and intricate geometries like this Gyro by Virtox – and remove supports by resting the print in water, without leaving a trace. It’s the most reliable dual extrusion printer on the market.
Water-soluble support structures help you build intricate structures, complex mechanical parts and smooth surfaces.
High uptime,low maintenance
Together with optimized Ultimaker Cura profiles, advanced material recognition system, and material-matching swappable print cores, Ultimaker 3 is engineered for high uptime and reliable, industrial-grade results. And with Cura Connect you can now manage multiple 3D printers from your desktop.
To reduce time to market, we set up a print farm of around 20 Ultimaker 3 machines to 3D print the improved reel holders with a new, improved design. Used as an additive manufacturing system, the first Ultimaker 3 printers proved to be production-ready, reliable, and able to deliver results.